Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Malware detection

From: Raghav Pande <kaelsunstrider.raghav () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:52:05 +0530

probably those many occasions were when, malware was made by kiddies. :)
MSSE is very bad at detecting stuff. and if you think MSSE takes
action against new malwares then see those malware's timestamp, first
4 bytes which will tell you about compiler and other stuff which says
VB6 or .NET or 1999 or made by kiddie.
a properly made crypter or malware always bypasses MSSE.
Try KIS proactive defense combined with system watcher is best
protection you can get.
#fail exploit
#fail malwares