Security Basics mailing list archives

R: RDP over the internet

From: "Webstyler.it" <info () webstyler it>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:48:13 +0100

Hello

As write by other users there are a lot of way to keep safe ( or more safe )
an exposed win server

Hardware firewall, vpn, custom rdp port and hard password is right way

But, not always this scenario may be applicate

So, think minimal scenario is custom rdp port, a really hard password and a
good setting of window server and win firewall to close services not
working.

Would be really interesting if windows firewall could be "ban" IP after 10
(example) login failed, for simple protection.

Simon