Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Directory Scanner

From: Steven <swierckxlists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 08:13:11 +0100

To start with:

1. Make sure the directory listing is not available (so going to http://.../resources should not give me a list of files) 2. Make sure the folder is not indexed by google (or scripts like Metagoofil will get all the documents anyway) 3. Make sure this directory listing of documents is not anywhere on your website

Of course this will also prevent you from serving this data to your visitors (since you can't give them a list), basically if you do not want everyone to have access to these files you should not put them on your website ...

greets