Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: System Baseline and Tracking of Script Install of Application(s)

From: savvy95 () gmail com
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 11:27:14 GMT

SpiceWorks (http://www.spiceworks.com/) will give you a dashboard of what has changed on your network devices including
workstations, routers, switches, etc.

The software provides detail of the devices as well; such as Timelines of changed files, it reads the event logs, hard
disk space, Network card information (including MAC addresses).  You can also create scripts and alerts to be notified
if certain files appear on the device or a specific event occurs.

It also has a kick ass community support.

I do not work for, or have any association with Spiceworks, I just like the product.

Glen Victor

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1