Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Comparing hosts on a network to text file

From: Johannes Truschnigg <johannes () truschnigg info>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:33:12 +0200

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 02:37:48PM +0000, Morris, Andi wrote:
Hi all, I’m looking to create a script, or use something already in
existence to scan a network for hosts, returning the mac addresses active on
the network.  The script should then compare the mac addresses discovered to
a prepopulated text file and somehow notify me of any discrepancy.
[...]
Cheers, Andi

You may want to take a look at arpwatch (http://ee.lbl.gov/).

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes () truschnigg info )

www:   http://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes () truschnigg info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.