Security Basics mailing list archives

Access Management on file shares and client-server apps

From: "marck e." <marck.ernest () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:00:57 -0500

We are currently assessing our access management on file shares
(windows, active directory) and desktop client-server applications.
Currently,tracking of access tasks such as granted or revoked is
registered on a excel sheet which obviously doesn't guarantee accurate
status of who holds acces to a a given folder or if someone was
revoked access over the last week.
Our process to assign permissions for our applications is similarly
managed for our client-server user applications.
I guess we are looking for a solution to keep track of changes in
folder shares in active directory and in our (exe) applications more
than a full enterprise identity access management solution.is there
such level of solution? or we have to give a big step into enteprise
level identity solution? What features should we look into a solution
to address these tasks?

Thank you for your advice

M.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1