Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Server blocks access of IP after nmap scan

From: Joseph Saselli <jsaselli () real com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:07:41 -0700

As was noted in the previous thread, responded to by Dan Lynch. You should mask your I.P. address by using one of many
free proxy hosts for this action. Then the I.P. address that gets black listed is a proxy host and not yours.

Also set your scan to scan very slowly as was noted previously. Limit your connection pool to only a couple connections
simultaneously.

Joe Saselli
Senior Manager Global Information Systems Security
Global Infrastructure Operations
Shared Services Division-TPS

MIT - Information Technology, Internet Security
BIT - Information Technology, Systems Administration
ITIL Certified

www.real.com