Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Classifying pcap data

From: Jeff Stebelton <jeff.stebelton () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:38:02 -0500

How about xtractr from Mu Dynamics? But the limit for the lite version
is 1 Gb.. how large are the files?

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Todd Hughes <thughes () xdefenders com> wrote:
ntop

On 01/31/2011 04:41 PM, Howard Howard wrote:

Hi List,

I am working on analyzing large amount of pcap files.

I am trying to classify the captured data to
- find out the ratio of used internet protocols at application layer
(e.g. filesharing / chat / ssh)
- find out what kind of http traffic was happening

I am not too curious about the details of every package but want to
know about the general usage.

To classify the web traffic I would like to correlate my pcaps with
maybe content filter blacklists.

Can you suggest me tools to perform such tasks? Can you point me to
any more ways to analyze large amount of traffic?

Many thanks in advance!

Howard

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL
certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how
your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web
server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you
ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

--
Jeff Stebelton, GCFW GCIA GCIH CEH ESSE