Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Host Based Vulnerability Scanner

From: Sheldon Malm <Sheldon_Malm () rapid7 com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 13:36:34 +0000

If others have low cost solutions that give small businesses a chance with these, please share!

Full disclosure: I work for Rapid7.  Nexpose Community Edition is an option here ... it's a free vulnerability
management solution that can be used by small businesses.
http://www.rapid7.com/products/nexpose-community-edition.jsp

For web applications, w3af may be helpful.  (Sponsored, but not owned by Rapid7)
http://w3af.sourceforge.net/

I hope this helps.

Sheldon Malm