Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: first experience with wifi networks

From: Thomas Christlieb <thomaschristlieb () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:33:59 +0100

Hello Roger,

'sudo apt-get install tshark' and 'sudo apt-get install wireshark' is your friend !

-> Simply sniff the network traffic to see what kind of computers are there.
And for (german) law reasons: You're not allowed to sniff network traffic from others,
because you'll see unencrypted html pages and E-Mails too.

If you want to dig deeper into Wireless Securitry I recommend the Book 'Backtrack 5 Wireless Penetration Testing
Beginner's Guide'
from 'Vivek Ramachandran'.

Greetings,

Thomas