Security Basics mailing list archives

Security Analyst essential reading for "dummies"

From: "Morris, Andi" <amorris () uwic ac uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:05:56 +0000

Hi all,
I potentially have an opportunity to move into a Technical Security Analyst role in the next few weeks providing I
don't mess up the interview.  I have a basic-to-intermediate understanding of ISA, vlans, routing, hardware firewalls
etc through generally supporting them in a broad term throughout my last few jobs, but I've never been as involved as
this role would lead me into.

I currently have "Hacking Exposed: 6th Edition" to read through and wondered whether there are any essential books,
websites, online forums that will give me the knowhow to step forward into the role.

Thanks in advance,
Andi

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1