Security Basics mailing list archives

Work place surveillance

From: securityfocus () aldomedina com
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:16:55 -0600

In my new workplace, they recently implemented severe security measures:
security guards, video cams in every hall, they changed all the BIOS and administrator passwords, protected the
computers from case-opening, limited all the Windows accounts. I assume this is fine (I don't know the Mexican law
about this).

However, they also installed a VNC server in every computer, and I'm concerned because I believe they can fake any
file, document or even email as if I had wrote them. They should also be able to see everyone of my files and
communications, even the private ones. Am I alright? Is this usual in a work environment? Is this legal in US or in
Mexico?

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1