Security Basics mailing list archives

Best way to look for Worms/Malware

From: dhamm () cinci rr com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:52:34 -0700

While this might be a question for the IDS mailing list, I think it is a good Security Basics question too, as I am
sure many of us getting into Security will have a similar question. I have a client that wants to get an idea whether
or not there is anything roaming on the background on the network. He is running on an older non managed switch
network, and wants to know what would be a good way to set up some kind of detector, besides having patching and anti
virus. So my question is, should he setup an IDS of some kind, preferably something that can be setup quickly, with the
understanding that he wants to setup a more permanent IDS solution in the near future. Or should he do some sort of
IDS/Honeypot combination?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David Hamm

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1