Security Basics mailing list archives

log Inside LAN

From: nsantos.pessoal () gmail com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:47:49 -0600

Hello people,

 In our network we have mainly Windows Machines, but we have too 2 Linux (CentOS) machines used for a vpn connection
with one of our clients. Since they connect to us through VPN they can 'see' all of our network. By the way, we're not
using domains (network too small) and they must connect to the linux machines with admin privileges.

 I would like to know if i can install some kind of loggin application on the Linux machine to see if they're accessing
resources on our LAN that they shouldn't.

 I tried iptraff already, but i would like to know some alternatives? preferably one that consumes very little resource
since it is a production machine.

Thanks in advance,
Nuno Santos

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1