Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Scanning from the inside

From: Jacky Jack <jacksonsmth698 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 04:00:26 -0400

Yes, what you think is correct.
I'm not aware of any ready-made tools for this.
I knew one but I forgot it long ago.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 5:57 PM, wolfric1 <wolfric1 () gmail com> wrote:
Hi folks

Wondering if anyone can suggest a method of testing outbound firewall
rules form the inside. From what i can think of, I'd just need a
server on the internet and outside the firewall that always responds
on every port and responds to icmp messages.
Has anyone ever had to do this and if so could you share any advice?
Are there any servers out there that would be useful for such testing?

Regards

Wolfric

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works,
how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1