Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hidden processes in windows

From: "Joshep J. Cortez Sanchez" <agneral () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:05:05 -0300

hello Raja,
sometime ago y try:
http://orkblutt.free.fr/DeepMonitor.exe

and this detected me an hidden process in mi computer.

I didnt probe exhaustively how it works and if this is complete. but
that moment served me.

aah... only works for win xp sp2.

bye

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Raja <raja1.it.consultant () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

Is there anyone know about how to hide the processes and how to detect hidden processes in windows? The processes
shouldn't showup in taskmanager and output of tasklist command.
FYI, hiding doesn't mean attaching a process to a legitimate process.

Thanks,
Raja

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works,
how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

--
          Joshep C. S.