Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Wireless hotspot login pages

From: "Kavesh Moodley" <Kavesh.Moodley () hss health nsw gov au>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 14:37:15 +1000

I know there is a lot of caveats, however, I think Mozilla Browser will
be configurable and you may be able to get around the GPO settings, by
having users use this for when you want to use WIFI. Not 100% on this,
so I apologise in advance if I was wrong.

However, this does pose the possibility that users will be now able to
bypass what restrictions you have put in place once they know they can
untick the proxy settings there.
I think a more secure solution for this would be a HIPS client or
Client/Host firewall that restricts access to only your CAG.

Regards,
Kavesh