Security Basics mailing list archives

FaceTime launch Vantage: OCS / Sametime / Skype / Instant Messaging Security & Compliance

From: "Robin Smith (FaceTime)" <rsmith () facetime com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 04:52:14 -0700

Hello all,

A quick note to let you know about some new capabilities available from
FaceTime - we've just launched Vantage, the successor to our flagship
product, IMAuditor. The full press release can be found here on our
website: http://bit.ly/9o3cD4. You can see what Michael Osterman thinks
of this in his blog entry for March 29th: http://bit.ly/c6MBzG

Vantage dramatically expands the support for UC platforms such as
Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) and IBM Lotus Sametime and
for the first time provides stringent security and compliance controls
for Skype in the enterprise.

New features incorporated in Vantage include:
* Skype security and compliance
* Blackberry PIN & SMS archiving
* OCS Call Admission Control policy management and reporting
* Microsoft Live Meeting archiving and reporting
* Configurable "Poison Room" policies for ethical wall enforcement in
Live Meeting sessions
* OCS session data recording and reporting
* Compliance disclaimers, ethical walls, archiving and auditing for
Microsoft OCS Group Chat
* IBM Lotus Sametime announcements logging and auditing
* Ethical wall, custom disclaimers, file transfer support for IBM Lotus
Sametime 8.5

If this is of interest to your company, please feel free to download the
Vantage product datasheet: http://bit.ly/cQHZbv or contact me directly.

Best regards,

Robin
--
Robin J Smith
Technical Manager, EMEA

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1