Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Firefox Bypass Master password Vulnerability

From: Lauren Twele <ltwele () symplified com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:42:14 -0600

Even though the password function in Firefox is useful and convenient, it
is important to remember that this tool does not provide audit logs,
access control, reporting or provisioning. The Firefox password tool would
not meet compliance or security standards in many organizations. That is
why an identity and access management solution is needed, which often
comes with single sign on as well.