Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: .LNK vulnerbility

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:18:07 -0600

If you have a Windows network and more than 1 user, I can nearly guarantee you have .LNK files of some sort somewhere.
And it is not uncommon to see them fly through email on accident.

Does that work? :)

<- snip ->

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing so below facts. However, I am In need of more support
here. I want to know if snort or ISS has type of signature which can detect
such type of files presence. Or if there is any history if Virus can
originate traffic at firewall level.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Faruk Nagori

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1