Security Basics mailing list archives

Security Standards

From: s0h0us () yahoo com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:29:33 -0700

Hi,
As part of a PCI-DSS risk assessment I need to come up with security standards for all of our critical network devices,
including windows servers. I've been directed to NIST publications and others but I'm finding that they are general
documents rather than specific ones regarding what settings need to be configured, i guess like a checklist. can you
recommend a site that might have them? i continue to search as i submit this posting...thanks! any information is
appreciated. happy new year!!!

sOhO

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1