Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows User Logon Times

From: <securityalert1st () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 02:41:35 -0800

Hi,

Im responding to you email about wanting a list of logon times. How you do this is by going to your Local Security Settings--Local Policy--Audit logon events

Discrpition of Audit;

This security setting determines whether to audit each instance of a user logging on to or logging off from a computer.

Account logon events are generated on domain controllers for domain account activity and on local computers for local account activity. If both account logon and logon audit policy categories are enabled, logons that use a domain account generate a logon or logoff event on the workstation or server, and they generate an account logon event on the domain controller. Additionally, interactive logons to a member server or workstation that use a domain account generate a logon event on the domain controller as the logon scripts and policies are retrieved when a user logs on. For more information about account logon events, see Audit account logon events.

If you define this policy setting, you can specify whether to audit successes, audit failures, or not audit the event type at all. Success audits generate an audit entry when a logon attempt succeeds. Failure audits generate an audit entry when a logon attempt fails.

To set this value to No auditing, in the Properties dialog box for this policy setting, select the Define these policy settings check box and clear the Success and Failure check boxes.

I hope this information is useful

Brandon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Bonici" <sbonici () ilaonline org>
I did some searching, but I cannot seem to find an easy way of getting a
list of a user logon times, not the most recent, but past.  I need to
try and produce some kind of report to get 1 particular user logon
times.  Can someone please help.

Thanks - Steven

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1