Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: IPS to protect against VOIP Attacks

From: Predrag Petrovic <pedjap () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 10:49:59 +0100

Hi Juan,

I have been using Checkpoint for VoIP for the last few months and I am
pretty satisfied with the results.

Predrag

2010/1/2 juan babi <juan_babi () hotmail com>:

<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
       {font-family:"Cambria Math";
       panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;
       mso-font-charset:0;
       mso-generic-font-family:roman;
       mso-font-pitch:variable;
       mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;}
@font-face
       {font-family:Calibri;
       panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;
       mso-font-charset:0;
       mso-generic-font-family:swiss;
       mso-font-pitch:variable;
       mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;}
 /* Style Definitions */
       {mso-style-unhide:no;
       mso-style-qformat:yes;
       mso-style-parent:"";
       margin:0in;
       margin-bottom:.0001pt;
       mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
       font-size:11.0pt;
       font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
       mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;
       mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;
       mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
.MsoChpDefault
       {mso-style-type:export-only;
       mso-default-props:yes;
       font-size:10.0pt;
       mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
       mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;}
@page Section1
       {size:8.5in 11.0in;
       margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;
       mso-header-margin:.5in;
       mso-footer-margin:.5in;
       mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
       {page:Section1;}
-->

Hi all,

Im doing some VOIP security consulting for one of my
clients.

I was wondering which is the best (or at least-good) IPS
against VOIP attacks coming from the internet to the client network. he has an Asterisk
n the DMZ and cisco call manager in the lan. I want to protect the voip
components with an IPS against known attacks and DOS-DDOS attacks as well.

which one is the best?

thanks a lot,

juan

Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from Hotmail®.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_4:092009

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works,
how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

--
S postovanjem/Regards,
Predrag Petrovic

--

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former. by Albert Einstein