Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Password Managers

From: Yousef Syed <yousef.syed () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:31:57 +0000

All,
Looks like most people's recommendations are between KeePass and LastPass.
I'm currently evaluating KeePass/KeePassX and see if it does what I need.
Mac OS-X, Win 7, Win XP and most importantly, iPhone. Needs to be easy
and secure to share password files.

Another nice to have would be if the password app could easily modify
passwords on key sites, directly via their relevant API's.
I.e. if I could set a rule to change the password for my bank account
every 3 months; that would be perfect... :)

--
Yousef Syed
CISSP

http://www.linkedin.com/in/musashi