Security Basics mailing list archives

Active Directory user goes corrupt

From: "Peter Odigie" <peterodigie () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:10:13 +0100

Hi All!

I am new to active directory and I am presently managing one in a firm. A
staff comes to me and says his desktop contents are no longer there and with
his login he cannot open packages on the his system.  Initially, I thought
it was his computer but after I logged in with my own user and he tried
logging into the domain on other computers he had the same problem. It seems
his user profile on the server (Windows Server 2003) has gone corrupt.

How did that happen? And what am I to do? These are the questions on my
head.  In the main time I have created another user for him and I am going
through the pain of transferring giving him privileges to what he should
have access to.  Any help?

Also, I will like a recommendation of where I can get some free books on
Active directory management.

Thanks!

Peter

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1