Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wikileaks, Afghanistan war logs leaked by hackers

From: Ansgar Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 23:58:31 +0200

On 2010-08-02 Lawrence D Chavis Jr wrote:
It is the role of the President and the military leadership to run and
execute a war plan.

And its the role of every citizen to keep an eye on what those in power
are actually doing.

It is the job if the people to elect the president and congress. If
you want to know how the war is going ask your congressman or
president. If you don't like the way they are executing the war elect
new ones

Pray tell how people are supposed to decide whether they do or don't
like that way without independent sources to draw information from?

but do not risk my life or my soldiers because you don't want to ask
instead you want to take.

Don't like your life being put at risk? Don't go taking part in a war.
Now that was easy ...

if people have nothing at stake they tend to say things they really
will not follow thru on what they say but soldiers are not pawns to
prove a point. We serve for something bigger than us and we don't
pretend to protect anything we protect what we are asked to protect
and we do it well! You still have your freedom to complain correct?

Spoken like a true minion. Tell you what: I don't need anyone to fight
for my freedom in Afghanistan. Really. As a matter of fact, the current
politics of the USA, Great Britain, Germany and several other western
countries are a far greater threat to my freedom than anything happening
in Afghanistan could ever be.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1