Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Information security on Twitter

From: "andrew.wallace" <andrew.wallace () rocketmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:09:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

As I previously stated on Full-disclosure mailing list last month "We need a proper unbiased unmoderated comprehensive
directory of security researcher accounts." http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2010-March/073648.html

We need the government or a security company to come up with a solution, because security researchers are increasingly
using Twitter to disclose information and are less and less using mailing lists to communicate.

We shouldn't be complacent in the use of Twitter and how much information is being post there and which might fall into
the hands of the bad guys before the white hat security community learn of a threat.

To me its mandatory that a sustainable list of security researcher Twitter accounts are formulated and made available
for the public to utilize.

Andrew