Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hard Drive eraser recommendation

From: "Gary Wilson" <dragon () dragons org uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:52:51 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, September 30, 2009 14:52, Nick Duda wrote:
I'm looking for a hard drive erasing solution (hardware) that meets the
DOD recommendation for erasing but is also fairly easy for the helpdesk to
just hook a drive up to, press a button and walk away until it is
complete. Does anyone have any recommendations for one that is good and
low cost?

Pot of thermite should tick all boxes and even get your helpdesk folks a
spot of fresh air and sunshine too!

--
   /           Gary Wilson, aka dragon/dragonlord/dragonv480            \
 .'(_.------.  e: dragon () northernscum org uk MSN: dragonv480   .------._)`.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1