Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SIM Solutions testing environement. Eg. Netforensics

From: Gleb Paharenko <gpaharenko () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 23:38:16 +0300

Hi, all.

Aditya has very good and systematic approach.
My addition is make sure that you have checked
backup/archiving/restoring logs and carefully planned
storage/capacity/log retention policies.
Also take Netforensics with Oracle Enterprise license (partitions
feature is a must for SIMs).

In case you're going to audit Database events, also worth to check
that, as usually for SIMs this is a pain due performance penalties and
other restrictions in databases.