Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Who should the Information Systems Security Officer report to?

From: Mike Kizerian <security () kizerian net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:53:28 -0500

The CISSP material suggests that a CISO should report to the CEO.

Security touches every aspect of business and it is important that someone with that knowledge has the CEO's ear. He/She should be at meetings with the other 'C' level execs to ensure that all aspects of the business have the appropriate security considerations.

--
Mike Kizerian, GPEN, GCFA
210.218.9750