Security Basics mailing list archives

Glassfish Apache and Tomcat All attONCE ?

From: Mattias Hemmingsson <Mattias.hemmingsson () fareoffice com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 09:45:55 +0200

Hi

Have a qestion about using Glassfish, Apche and Tomcat all at once.
My developers mean that we are using glassfish for our web-services but
thet glassfish is really slow when handling static html and jsp pages.
So they want to use apache for static html and tomcat for jsp and servlets.

But im not that shore about this and I havet herd any that uses the
glassfish in this way?
I now that apache is faster serving html pages but is is speed in
glassfish that slow so the that you gain performance using apache
instead of using glassfish.
Couse you always have the connection time between apache and glassfish
to consider ?
And tha same thing are regarding the tomcat issue is the tomcat
performance serving jsp pages faster then using only glassfish with
connection between tomcat and glassfish in mind ?

/ matte