Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Third Party Patch Management

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:36:34 -0600

Oh, I agree, not patching for hardware lifetime is a bad idea, especially for things with long lifetimes!

I'm just giving options and ideas, even if they are extreme, to allow the OP to make his own risk decisions.

Another aspect would be, do you want to update someone's WinDVD version that came with a system from the dsitributor?
It is probably not worth bothering with for the lifetime of the hardware. Some apps are far riskier than others.

But you are both fully in the right to express trepidation on that approach. Absolutely! I certainly should have made a
note that while an option, it may not be a very good option at all without proper assessment and specific circumstances.

Cheers!