Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Third Party Patch Management

From: Phil Bieber <philbieber () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:04:08 +0100

Hi!
We don't do patch management, but I have heard from an McAfee guy,
that their EPO Server has the ability to distribute and check patches.
I don't have any experience with this, so I can't comment on that...
For some programs (like Acrobat Reader), that don not need a lot of
customization it might be an option to use the Microsofts Active
Directory and it's group policies. I believe its possible to use GPOs
to install MSI packages.
This is probably not the right way for anything that needs custom
settings, but for some programs it might be something worth trying!

Cheers

Phil Bieber
--
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

GPG KEY ID (Philipp Bieber): 0x0185E301
FINGERPRINT: CA81 28C2 E63F DAF8 5ED4 DACB 7C26 EE5B 0185 E301
Philipp Bieber - philbieber () gmail com