Security Basics mailing list archives

Logging dhcpd leases strategies

From: "secrookie () gmail com" <secrookie () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:32:21 +1100

Which approach would you use to log dhcpd leases in mysql?

Currently we are considering either parsing the dhcpd.leases~ database
file or enabling syslog.   Enabling syslog would give us a stream of
dhcpd log activity which we could pipe into the database whereas the
dhcpd.lease~ database woould be a snapshot of the leases at that
moment in time.

regards,