Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Exchange Server and Email Issue

From: AAMIR NIAZI <shaheedpak () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:31:13 -0400

this is a delegate issue. Go the the affected user's Outlook > Tools >
Options > Delegates. Delete the delegate.

There's a checkbox when creating a delegate titled "user receives
copies of meeting requests" or something to that effect. This is what
happens if that's selected. The real diabolical thing about the
delegates is that the user who suddenly starts receiving meeting
invites for strange meetings they are not a part of, they will go to
IT and complain, and the issue is actually in someone else's Outlook.