Security Basics mailing list archives

IBM Researchers Develop Shield to Mask Sensitive On-Screen Information

From: "Ali, Saqib" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 22:39:14 -0700

IBM has developed software that more efficiently and effectively hides
sensitive or personal information that might otherwise appear on the
computer screens of unauthorized personnel. It could prove
particularly useful for security conscious fields such as healthcare,
insurance, government or financial services.

When refined and fully developed, this technology -- dubbed MAGEN
(Masking Gateway for Enterprises), the Hebrew word for "shield" --
might help organizations better comply with privacy laws, and lessen
the vulnerability of information to theft.

Read more:
http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/27960.wss

saqib
http://www.capital-punishment.us

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1