Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Blocking traffic by Country to reduce spam

From: "Andreas Heinzelmann" <Andreas.Heinzelmann () pharma-westen com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:01:21 +0200

Hi,

IP Blocking based on country allocation is the worst you can do. Picture
this: your customer is on a business tripp in India and it is not
possible
to access resources due to his then Indian IP.

I made the same experiences with my Bank Account in the US. At present I
am located in Europe and I am not able to access the Banks webpage (and
the Web-Banking) due to this horrible IP blocking based on Countries.

Br....Andreas