Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: security against dba´s

From: "Nick Vaernhoej" <nick.vaernhoej () capitalcardservices com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:50:19 -0600

Fair enough,

But that all sounds like management tasks. To a lesser degree headaches of the system builder/maintainer.
My thought came from seeing a builders question about system design. I assume he is not the person in a position to
hire trusted staff.

My employer hires me trusting I will do my job without negative impact.
It is then up to me to conduct myself in a manner that ensures integrity.

I believe I can do this by removing myself from data and log any access to data because I have to assume that I can
snap one day and perform acts of vandalism. (And by "I, me or myself" I mean any one of us, no matter how nice we are).

Anyways..... Just my thought, you can get back on topic now :)

Nick