Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: security against dba´s

From: rohnskii () gmail com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:54:12 -0700

re your points:

1- inform all employees, not just DBA
2.1- log all access, not just DBA
2.2- what sort of access

Look, if you don't trust your DBA's, hire/promote someone you can trust.

Another part of the access you should monitor is separate from just the CRUD access to, and monitored by, the DB.
Track files/data downloaded to USB devices, in other words network endpoint control (NAC).

For example, it could be natural for me as a DBA to Read production to my terminal.  But it is probably NOT natural for
me to download the READ data to a USB device.

Again, that type of access control should not be exclusive to DBA, it should be corporate wide.