Security Basics mailing list archives

bluetooth help request

From: odo <couickie () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 01:49:50 +0200

Hi list.

I came across something interesting today and in order to dig further
(if it is possible) I need your
knowledge.

Some light spots in the metro have bluetooth turned on.
So I tried to authenticate to them with a simple mobile phone,
the default combination turned out to by _very_ unsecure,
so I get my phone connected on one of the equipments.

I don't know so much about bluetooth technology,
please let me know about the possibility to get some data from such a
connection.

Isn't it a sort of ad-hoc connection ? And if it is, can I "scan" the "ports"
on the equipment, dialogue with the services that might be listening ?

I heard that if you have bluetooth enabled on your phone,
one may access your data.
It's definitely possible to send files too,
like with mobile phones, depending the software you are prompted
for a user defined password on both sides or not. Am I right ?

Anyway I'm just curious and will not mess up with these spots.

~
Regards.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1