Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Encryption and Data Retention

From: Mattias Baecklund <mattias.baecklund () ifsworld com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 16:33:26 +0200

Well the same argument have been said about backup systems and people have found workaround for that. Just change the
encryption methods when it gets outdated. That is a nonissue if you ask me, I would worry more over the backup system
then the encryption (it was a long time since Caesar used his cipher but you can still decrypt messages made with that
encryption today). But that is only my opinion.

Mattias