Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: What can WPA/WPA2 use for Encryption

From: "Michael Painter" <tvhawaii () shaka com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:18:51 -1000

----- Original Message ----- From: "martin"
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:41 AM
Subject: What can WPA/WPA2 use for Encryption

[snip]
2. Technically a network question rather than a security question, but
what exactly is microwave connectivity ?  Is it just Wi-Fi by another  name ?  Is it part of the 802.11 standard ?

Impossible to tell without more information or physically examining the link...could be Wi-Fi or could be hundreds of other types of links.
'Microwave' definition from wikipedia:
"In all cases, microwave includes the entire SHF band (3 to 30GHz, or 10 to 1cm) at minimum, with RF engineering often putting the lower boundary at 1GHz (30cm), and the upper around 100GHz (3mm)."

--Michael

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1