Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: "Attacks" from lax.qualys.com

From: Liran Cohen <liran () rct co il>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:07:01 +0300

I would like to point out an important issue:

Today I got an e-mail from qualys asking me to try and resolve this issue off the list, this is commendable for a company working in such a field to suggest support for a non-paying customer merely to "clear its name" off such claims.

I do not know who sent the original e-mail but if you are reading this, please contact me and I shall forward you to the Qualys representative.

לירן כהן
RCT Internet Solutions
http://www.rct.co.il
http://www.icon-a.com
+972-54-5617070

לירן כהן wrote:

Jeremy - by what you're saying I would consider any traffic from such service - a security hazard and do my best to block that subnet\s or perform a back resolve and block those hosts.

I agree with all the rest, indeed assumptions do not exist when talking about security, if you assume=you are not sure=there is a risk=not safe, the equation is simple and the conclusion is take action.

Liran

http://www.rct.co.il

http://www.icon-a.com

ציטוט Jeremi Gosney: