Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Securing RDP - Is this possible?

From: "Jacob" <jacob () excaliburfilms com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:46:04 -0700

How about RDP over VPN?

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] On
Behalf Of Chip Panarchy
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:26 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Securing RDP - Is this possible?

Hello

Is Secure RDP an impossibility?

I am now working (WOOT) and they seem to use entirely RDP, almost no VNC...

This, by my reckoning would make the network most insecure.

Would you agree?

Or is it possible to Secure RDP?

Thanks in advance for sharing ideas on this matter,

Panarchy

Find the source of cybercrime! Almost every crime today involves a computer
or mobile device. Learn how to become a Computer Forensics Examiner in
InfoSec Institute's hands-on Computer Forensics Course. Up to three industry
recognized certs available, online computer forensics training available.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html