Security Basics mailing list archives

FW: Self Service Password Resets

From: kevin fielder <kevin.fielder () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 00:23:30 +0100

Hi Josh

Depending on your budget, I would take a look at Citrix Password
Manager.  We recently evaluated this product and it likely meets your
needs.  Users can be allowed to reset their passwords based on
answering a selection of pre-answered questions (e.g. mother maiden
name, first pet or whatever).  You can configure the system to ask as
many or few of these questions, they can be set or the users can
choose the questions they want from a lit etc.

The application does quite a bit more including allowing single sign
on to most applications etc so may be more than you need, but we found
it worked very well and was relatively easy to configure in our
environment.

Just for clarity - I am in no way associated with Citrix or this
product, this is purely based on our recent evaluation of the product
:)

cheers