Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Self Service Password Resets

From: "JamesCHanlon" <JamesCHanlon () comcast net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:59:02 -0400

Have you looked at the Imprivata One-Sign product?

After evaluating a large number of these solutions for many years (starting
when I was head of security for a Fortune 150 company), I had all but given
up hope that someone would actually produce a product that was practical and
would live up to what was needed in the real-world.

Hands-down Imprivata is the best product we have seen in the market.

Not only does it provide the services you mentioned below, its interaction
with other products and services are excellent.  One thing that I like is
that it is scalable and practical for all sizes of organizations.  Also it
did not make any changes to the ID systems (such as Active Directory).

It is fairly easy to implement with a terrific graphic interface that learns
the login methods and jumpstarts the login profiling that can be reused for
similar access types.

Because it worked independent of the server platforms it is able to
integrate various versions of Active Directory, Novell, Mid-Range,
mainframes, Citrix, any flavor of UNIX we could get our hands on with web
based, legacy, and green screen applications.

When they added the physical/logical component it allowed a link between the
physical access control systems and computer access making it possible to
create policies that reacted to whether the user was in a facility or
connecting remotely.  This was very helpful when you have to terminate
access across a large number of different systems.  The reports are also
great for compliance reporting.

The training and support are superb.  They treat you like your success is
personal to them.

Jim

JC Hanlon Consulting, Inc.
Phone:   US (586) 435-6231
Website: http://www.JCHCI.com

Helping Protect your Clients, your Business, the Homeland

This electronic message and all contents and attachments contain information
from the firm JC Hanlon Consulting, Inc. and/or its affiliates, which may be
privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The
information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only.  If you are not the
addressee, or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this
message in error, then any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of this
message, or its contents or any of its attachments, is prohibited.  If you
have received this electronic message in error, please notify us immediately
and destroy the original message and all copies. Neither this information
block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is
intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement
to the contrary is included in this message.