Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Interpreting the results of an NMAP scan

From: infolookup () gmail com
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:44:13 +0000

Dan,

It looks like the might be some port forwarding going on, that's why you are able to see the Exchange server from the
outside, in order for you to access outlook web access you need port 443 or 80 depends on your setup, and in order to
send or receive email you need port 25 smtp open.

As far as seeing the Linksys from the outside there should be a option to drop icmp probes, this will block pings, but
if you set the correct scan type via nmap you might still find these ports since the a necessary for functionality.

Hope this helped!