Security Basics mailing list archives

Sizing the Information Security Department

From: k7.fantr () gmail com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:22:20 -0600

Hello all.

I am preparing a business case for increasing the size of the Information Security department at the company where I
work. This is a smaller company with about 700 employees. Right now, I am the security department. :) - I am asking to
hire 3 security professionals to augment my load and to allow me to focus on more of the strategic needs and higher
level analysis.

My question is this: Do any of you know of any published recommendations regarding the size of a security department
based on company size? Any guidance in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!