Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wifi Security / Pentesting

From: Adriel Desautels <adriel () netragard com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:04:21 -0400

Hi Alex,
        Instead of looking at tools you should focus on the actual reasons as
to why things are vulnerable and how specific types of attacks work. For
example, you can use Karma attacks to gain access to WPA networks
without cracking the network. In short, you can penetrate into a host
(if you can trick it with a karma attack), infect the host, tell the
host to connect back to you, and you're in...

        We do a lot of this sort of work, if you're interested in more
information catch me off-line and I'll help you out. I'm always eager to
help a fellow security nut. :)

Regards,
        Adriel T. Desautels
        Chief Technology Officer
        Netragard, LLC.
        Office : 617-934-0269
        Mobile : 617-633-3821
        http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/118/a45

        Join the Netragard, LLC. Linked In Group:
        http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/48683/0B98E1705142

Netragard, LLC - http://www.netragard.com  -  "We make IT Safe"
Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Website Security

Netragard Whitepaper Downloads:
-------------------------------
Choosing the right provider : http://tinyurl.com/2ahk3j
Three Things you must know  : http://tinyurl.com/26pjsn

Alexander Swensen wrote:
I recently have gotten into the basics of wifi security and attacks.
I was curious about other kinds of wifi attack tools and methods. Anyone else
know of any? Preferably WEP related but i am interested in others as well.

Here are the major ones i know about. (My knowledge about Backtrack is limited
to Aircrack and Kismet)

Backtrack (linux live CD)
Aircrack
Kismet